Bristol Robotics Laboratory
Bristol Robotics Laboratory is the leading and largest academic centre for multi-disciplinary robotics research in the UK. It is a collaborative partnership between the University of the West of England (UWE, Bristol) and the University of Bristol, and home to a vibrant community of over 200 academics, researchers and industry practitioners, which lead current thinking in service robotics, intelligent autonomous systems and bio-engineering.
An internationally recognised Centre of Excellence in Robotics, BRL’s state-of-the-art laboratory covers an area of over 3,500 square metres, and houses specialist workshops and wet labs, and two flying arenas with multiple 3D motion capture systems. It is a unique collaboration that harnesses the collective strengths of its university partners, and brings together the best expertise from industry and the academic community to spearhead Britain’s efforts to be a world leader in modern advanced robotics.
Tel: +44 (0) 7785 343 562
Tel: +44 (0) 7795 203 611
BRL facts and figures
Brief BRL Lab Specification
- BRL covers an area of approximately 3,500 sqm
- BRL consists of twenty six Research Bays
- All six BRL Laboratories comply to Containment Level 2 (CL2) standard
- BRL facilities include two Flying Arenas.
- The Large Flying Arena is equipped with an Infrared Motion Tracking System and an overhead camera